Saturday, January 8, 2011

Another Look at Inworldz

The first time I took a look at one of the alternative virtual worlds some friends were talking about, Inworldz, the results were disappointing, not able to stay on longer than a minute before crashing. After a while, I checked again, finding both Inworldz had done some updates. As before, Inworldz’ own viewer didn’t work for me. But the Imprudence did, and this time it stayed on. I was able to go about the Inworldz entry sim, called “Inworldz Desert Island.”

Starting out, I was in a bald, female avie with red pants and shoeless. Fortunately, I was able to create some clothes, with a little help from a texture package on me, so was soon able to upgrade my look from newbie to newcomer. Looking around, I found a freebie place aimed at male avatars, Man Icons at (82, 215, 22). For the women, there is The Feminine Coil at (145, 211, 22). I found a few gestures, male skins, of which I chose a dark tone, and hair pieces. Not exactly my familiar foxy self, but still a couple steps up from where I started.

The place certainly looked like the Second Life grid, at least with this Imprudence viewer. Checking the map, it did look a little different. There were a few times it crashed again, notably when I tried to get the profile of someone else. So perhaps there are no profiles here.

Finding an Inworldz guide in the shop, I took a look at the notecards for other places. A few places were definitely aimed at the adult crowd. But there were plenty of others. The ROMA group from SL had a presence here, as did the tinies of Ragalan Shire.

But further exploring in Inworldz will wait for another day. I’l look again soon. Sooner if someone can tell me how I can be my familiar self here.

Bixyl Shuftan.

2 comments:

  1. Heeeee you managed to get in and stay a while.
    btw There are profiles, search is working for 'All, Classifieds, Groups & Persons. My experience with their default viewer everything works fine, but this baby-grid still needs food, love, patience and contents. Last gave me the idea to search for a Bix-outfit & -av to let you feel more comfortable next time. Maybe the creators of you are in IW and can help you out.
    I'll contact you there :-)
    The biggest difference for me and many other residents; the attitude of all people there, less stiff and competitive.
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Bixyl)Let me know when you want to meet up there.

    With Blue Mars going down, Inworldz may soon be getting more attention.

    ReplyDelete